Your Website is Always Selling & Everywhere
- Your website is on all the time 24/7 and it is selling all the time, everywhere.
It Interacts with your Clients
- Even when you’re sleeping your website can interact with your potential clients.
Affordable – Websites are Your Cheapest Advertising Tool
- At a fraction of the cost of other forms of advertising your website will reach more people and give you more opportunity to demonstrate why you are who they should work with.
Measurable – Knowing What, Where & Why
- Websites can track where clients come from, what pages they stay on and what pages they leave from. This information helps you know how your clients got to you, what they are looking for, and how to meet those needs.
Website – Up with the Times
- A website demonstrates that you are up to date with the latest in your field and you get the opportunity to show what you can do for them.
For more information please Contact DMuirDesigns
In my last post I talked about Flash and the problems associated with it.
Yet, you may still need that slideshow for the Artwork, Interior Design or Photography Website you are creating, therefore isn’t Flash the way to do it?
Yes and no, Flash is one of the ways to do a slideshow but is it the best way with the newer generation of mobile surfers that will not see you Flash content on their Iphone. (If you’re set on Flash give Slideshow Pro a try for a simple customizable product.)
What are the alternatives then?
Google and Apple are setting the new trend and that direction seems to be away from Flash and towards HTML5.
Flash was an excellent advance in web publishing, bringing websites alive but with that came some drawbacks. Flashy websites, forgive the pun, are great to look at but they are best left for sites that are in competitions not in business.
“Flash sites tend to be slow and buggy”, says Dan Porter, CEO of fun games site www.omgpop.com and he points out, “The performance of Flash is the single biggest cause of customer complaints.”
Plus, the Iphone, Itouch and Ipad do not support Flash content and for good reason. (see Steve Jobs Thoughts on Flash)
At DMuirDesigns we want your website not only to look good but we want to build a “Website that Works” every time. We do incorporate Flash in our sites where it is the best or only option available but we try to provide it in such a way that when a client is using a device that doesn’t support Flash there will be other content to take its place.
For more information please Contact DMuirDesigns.